Thursday, December 31, 2009

Twelve Days of Jeanie Day Six: Firefly Theme

As much as I love Buffy/Angel, that love pales in comparison to Firefly. I have three keys (car, house and mailbox) and two key chains. One I got at a sneak preview of the movie Serenity. (the other you'll find out on Day 11) I was fortunate enough to go to two of the sneak previews. I am a Browncoat through and through. I even dressed up as Inara for one of the previews.

I have written many essays about the television series and the movie. I will be posting some of them here in the next few weeks.

So I give you, the theme to the television series Firefly, written by Joss Whedon and performed by Sonny Rhodes

Lyrics

Take my love, take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free
You can't take the sky from me
Take me out to the black
Tell them I ain't comin' back
Burn the land and boil the sea
You can't take the sky from me
There's no place I can be
Since I found Serenity
But you can't take the sky from me...

Song
Firefly

Video of opening credits with theme song

No comments:

Post a Comment