Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Full Monty

My kids LOVE Monty Python. My youngest is particularly fond of the albatross sketch. If she hears the word, she launches into "Albatross...albatross...ALBATROSS" including the Pink Floyd song "Echoes," which makes Hubby very happy.

While Younger was at a sleep over, we let Older (age 12) see The Holy Grail minus one scene
(we'll let Younger (age 8) see it later. We just needed something fun for Older to do)
me: She can't see this scene.
hubby: Sure she can.
me: NO she can't. Don't you remember what it's about? If she asks questions, you get to answer them.
Hubby doesn't change it until the scene reminds him why she can't see it. I didn't think human fingers could move so quickly.

Older loved the movie and now knows where all those quotes Hubby and I say are from.

Today I needed something absurd for Daniel to find on the net and the airspeed velocity of an unladen African swallow came to mind. It fits since he likes to quote movies and you can't get any more absurd. I wanted to make sure I had the quote exactly right so I googled it and found this:

http://www.style.org/unladenswallow/

No comments:

Post a Comment